Monday, September 8, 2008

Good stress v Bad stress... from Reader's Digest!

Like I told my dad, "I'm buying Reader's Digest because I want to make a change in my life." (But to be perfectly honest, I bought it because it had a male gymnast and the Olympic rings on the cover, but it seemed like an appropriate thing to say. I mean, it's Reader's Digest!)

And I realised that all the stress I'm under right now is bad stress.
(insert pathetic face here)
Like I really even needed a book to tell me that. But whatever, it serves as confirmation for the cynics.

Serene told Mrs Yeo in class today that she was studying something around 14 hours a day during the holiday, and it elicited much laughter from the class. The idea that someone could devote so much time out of 24 hours to study is honestly, quite ridiculous. I was laughing at it too... until I realised that I was doing the same thing.

I think it's making me a bit desperate to do something drastic after the exams to celebrate my freedom. I was thinking of using the money I've saved to get something nice, but there are just too many things to choose from. A MBMJ watch or a YSL wallet? A new MP3 player or contribute to my mom's iMac fund? A pair of shoes or a pair of Kusbi jeans? And besides, like we just learnt in CME this morning, material objects only bring momentary joy.

So I was thinking, maybe I'll hold a major House marathon with everyone I know who shows even a little bit of interest in House, but that's not exactly too drastic, is it? It's what I do during the holidays when I don't have to study (harhar).

Maybe I'll re-do my room.

No comments: