Monday, April 6, 2009

NOTE TO BELINDA (FROM BELINDA): STOP SUCKING AT SCHOOL STUFF.

My PPR this term is going to be horrible. ):

My English is basically screwed (unless I can somehow pull a 23/25 for my compre, which is highly unlikely). My Chem is sucking ass this year (for reasons such as careless mistakes brought on misinterpretations of the questions). And my E.Lit is pretty much a goner (I got a 17/25 on an essay. Unless I can pull 20/25 for the next two essays, it's not going to happen).

If I can't get an A1 for E.Lit, then both my Lit and my English have to be A2, so I at least maintain an L1R5 of 8.

The problem is that I get so freaking discouraged when I do even badly for just one test. I need to stop being so pessimistic. But that's just the way I deal with everything. I was probably born pessimistic. ): ):

I was just reading David Levithan, and I wish I could write like him. (I wouldn't dare to dream about writing like Siken or Safran Foer because they're way too good for me to even think of being in the same league.) Levithan writes YA stuff and some of the stories in How We Met were written when he was in high school. High school --> around the age I am now. He doesn't write with the most wonderful vocabulary, but his stories are really cute and most of all, they are realistic.I'm sure if I could write like him my English marks would be okay.

No comments: