Sunday, April 27, 2008

CAMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

CAMP WAS FUN! I'm so glad we were grouped in classes because 3 GRACE ROCKS. :D My group was super, and our campfire item was really hot!

Although the toilets had no sinks and there were no curtains or door in our bathrooms and the partitions in them were short enough for us to peek over at each other, I actually enjoyed camp. The first day was quite okay, we did the amusing race and got lectured for screaming at flies dropping like flies do. It was quite hard to get used to eating while sitting on the ground though.

The second day's activities were fun, but many people got injured -- I got hit in the face by a basketball, Serene fell 2.5 times and her knees are so torn up it's scary, Gladys nearly sprained her ankle, and tons of other people got abrasions here and there. It was quite worth it though, multi-level captain's ball was probably the first game of captain's ball that I was actually interested in, and the casualty challenge was a test of our creativity and teamwork. I can't say anything about water rafting because I didn't do it. D:

The campfire was superb! All the items were really enjoyable to watch, although one class's was a bit weird cos they were cheering for their class 50% of the time. I thought our's was by far the most awesome though, but I'm biased, so w/e~. Chief Veron did a recount of the camp and it moved one of the instructors to tears... which led to me and Abi betting on whether or not he would cry on the last day of camp. I said no, and the forfeit for losing was to do 5 Buddha claps in the middle of the basketball court/forum. I, obviously, lost. But it was super funny and Abi wanted to "Look at his eyeballs!"

Our group instructor Yao Xing was really really nice. He took us to the beach for area cleaning which is like, totally awesome, because knowing my luck, I was expecting toilet duty, which is usually very gross but would frankly be downright disgusting at St John's. I mean, there are dead flies and unflushed toilets and sand and ERGH. :/ But he picked the beach for us and he told us we had to clean 2 but we ended up sitting around at the second one on the granite wall thingie and enjoying the sea breeze. What a way to spend a Saturday morning. <3 And I didn't even mind the first one because the view was mindblowing [[we could see the Singapore Flyer from there and Singapore was SO BEAUTIFUL <3]] and I was in a good mood anyway 'cos I was so happy we weren't doing toilet duty plus me and Abi were protecting each other from rolling off the slope leading down to the beach, haha!

Yao Xing also shared with us about his life experiences and it really got me thinking. I didn't cry although Sufang and Alicia were moved to tears, and Ellie teared up watching them cry, but it was certainly something to reflect about.

I don't know if I'd go back there with my good friends the flies, but I wouldn't give my experiences up.


After coming back to Singapore I went out to Funan to get Beatrice's stupid camera [[which sucks, by the way, the shutter response is so slow I want to dig my eyes out]] then we went on the Singapore Flyer!!! Which I wanted to go in the first place after seeing it from St John's, haha. :D It was super fun and the ride is SO stable you don't even feel as if you're moving at all. And Singapore is so beautiful. <3 Oh oh, there was also this football pitch ON THE SEA! Amazing stuff!

We went to dinner at a German restaurant after coming off the Flyer, and it was pretty awesome. :D German food rocks! And so does Lars! That's relavant cos I'm talking about German food and Lars is from Germany. My logic is so logical~

Then we went to Marina Square and I saw this really gorgeous jacket but it looked weird on me and I didn't ge it. D: D: D: D: But whatever. Saturday was still really fun!!



Some pictures of Casey Taylor, cos I think he's really gorgeous. :D Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: