Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What have you done today to make you feel proud?

Well, today marks the halfway mark of the school holidays. ): It doesn't even feel like two weeks, I thought it was the end of the first week yesterday! Stupid extra lessons adflal;jfasfd. >:( And the best part is that I have camp from the 12th to the 14th, then job attachment from the 16th to the 20th.

At least I went to Debbie's house for a sleepover with the Purplehooders Thursday and yesterday! :) I went to Debbie's house to find the both of them trying to sing Jason Mraz's I'm Yours -- which is, actually, a very pretty song. After a few feeble attemps of doing homework, we started watching House until like 3A.M.. House marathons FTW~

As usual, Debbie woke up the latest. We had breakfast then we left for Marina Square to watch Prince Caspian which was a lot better than I expected, and not just because I think William Moseley is cute. After that Debbie had to go taekwando so Jing and I went to AMK Hub to eat Fish&Co. but there was this HUGE queue so we went to the Food Court instead.

Then I went home! Funfunfun. :)


I think I need to stop watching QAF and House simultaneously. Because the more I do, the more I think that House and Wilson's relationship is like Brian's and Michael's. Which is dangerous because... well anyone who's watched QAF before will understand why the parallels are dangerous. But let me tell you why I think so anyways.

They're willing to put with anything from each other. Wilson ratted House out to Tritter about House's Vicodin addiction [[which I don't actually think is an addiction -- if I were in that much pain I'd be downing Vicodin like candy too]] and then retracted that because Wilson realised it wasn't a problem. And when Tritter pointed out that he would be put in jail for that, he said he would rather go to jail instead of ratting House out to the court. And Michael puts up with Brian time and time again -- drugs, promiscuity, peeing on his stuff... And the you're pathetic thing! House says that to Wilson in 3.22 and it's an ongoing thing with Michael and Brian.

Most of off, they love each other. It's repeated only like a billion time in QAF [[Brian: You look fantastic... you are fantastic.]], and although House only verbalises it once [[and Wilson, being a manly hetero man who cooks dinner and blow-dries his hair doesn't say anything in return]], it's quite obvious that they love each other. Like the jail thing, then the Wilson lost his job to save House's job incident, and tons of other stuff.

And there are distinct simliarities between the characters. Brian's a casual drug user, and House is addicted to Vicodin. Brian tried to off himself in 1.22, and House doesn't particularly care if he lives or dies sometimes [[like ODing on Oxycodone]]. Brian pretends like he doesn't love people, and House, and I quote House himself, "I've been alienating people since I was three". But they do actually care for a few people. Also, they're both sarcastic, funny assholes.

I guess the only difference is that Wilson is not in love with House like Michael is with Brian. But he might as well be, since his two billion relationships with women haven't worked out so well [[House: All you had to do was say "I do". God knows it's a phrase you've used often enough in your life.]]. Kinda like some Greek god who went after this -- and this is from the placard thingie at the Greek art exhibition I went to some time ago -- "beautiful boy" after his wife died or something.

But what do I know, right? I'm not a script writer.


I saw this somewhere:
Every time you push a button, a random person in the world dies and you get $1000. Would you push it? How many times? And what would you buy with the money? (If you wouldn't, would you do it for $10,000? $100,000? How much would it take?) If you're not down for killing, what would you do for what price? Pose naked for a magazine, eat a roach, drink urine, have sex with a stranger, contract a disease you can never get rid of, never use a computer again, live without a cell phone forever, promise to never see your family again?

Interesting, isn't it? My response would be no to pushing the button. But only because I don't like the thought of blood being on my hands. The comments to that post had someone saying that her boyfriend said he would never take his finger off the button. :/

It depends on the photographer for the posing for naked for a magazine thing. If it's like some sleazy photographer for Maxim or Playboy, no way, but if it's tasteful and I got a lot of money from it [[say... $10,000]], why not? I'd only eat a cockroach if I could cook it first for $1000, $10,000 for drinking my own urine, and the sex with a stranger... probably not, but if so, it depends on whether the person was clean or not, and if not, what kind of STD he has. Chlamydia, sure, HIV, bye bye. Obviously the price we're talking about here is like $50,000 increasing with the severity of the STD.

It really depends on what disease we're talking about if I were to contract one I could never get rid of. Asthma or the common cold for $20,000? Bring it on baby! Diabetes I'd take too, but for $50,000 -- because of the increased medical expenses. If you're talking ALS, Creutzfeldt-Jakob or Huntington's, then no, not for any price.

Never use a computer again... $500,000. But only because I can use my phone to surf the web. Hah. Live without a cell phone forever? $50,000. I can always use a land line. Promise to never see my family again? Um. Three million dollars. Probably more.

What about you?

No comments: