Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Linkin Park concert!

Oh my god it was fucking awesome!!!! I knew it was a good idea to get the standing tickets. :D

Sherilyn came over to my house first before we left for the Indoor Stadium [[which was where the FM concert last year was held too, whee]]. There was a huge queue when we got there since queueing started at 7A.M., which kind of sucked.

While in the queue, we had to go to the toilet, and we we running past a bunch of people. Some idiot guy stuck his waterbottle out in front of me so I almost fell. I turned around to glare at him but ended up glaring at some other guy who had this 0.0 face when he saw my >:( face. Haha.

The queue was quite fast. We got inside by 8P.M.. We weren't near the front at all, which sucked. The people in front of us were super tall as well! There was this girl who started off behind Sherilyn, then ended up in front of the both of us! WTF. But her male friend/boyfriend dragged her off to the side after a while. :D

However, after that woman left, four very tall ang moh guys pushed their way in front of us. I think I reached the shoulder of one of them. -.- There were these few ang mohs behind us [[one in Versace specs and a Lacoste shirt!!!!!! I want Versace specs. I'll take Jean Paul Gaultier also though.]], and it turned out that they knew each other! They were talking above our heads. -.- My hair also kept getting stuck in the crook of the elbow of the guy behind me. But he was really nice about it, so yeah. :D

The concert started at around 9P.M.. It was quite amusing because the techies were doing some sort of soundcheck and each time a string was played everyone cheered. At least it wasn't like the Fort Minor concert where this techie [[who was built like Mike]] walked out and everyone went ballistic before they realised it wasn't Mike. Hahaha.

LP opened with Wake/Given Up, which was fun, because everyone was jumping crazy enthusiastic and one guy even tried to mosh before people went >:( at his pushing.

The rest of the set list went:
No More Sorrow
Lying From You
Don't Stay
Somewhere I Belong
From The Inside
Papercut
Mike rappin' before a bit of Petrified/Points Of Authority
In Pieces
Shadow Of The Day
Numb
Pushing Me Away (piano version)
Breaking The Habit
Crawling
The Little Things Give You Away
What I've Done
Faint

And the encore went:
One Step Closer
In The End
Bleed It Out

Chester actually went down into the pit and people started grabbing his broken arm, so he said something to the effect "You guys are ruthless. I'm going to punch the face of the next person who does that when I go down again." Then Mike said, "Would you punch me if I did that?" and "I'll punch your buttocks." Hahahaha Mike and Chester are super cute. :D

And WTF at Mike going "Can you guys understand me?" D-oh. I hope it's not like "Can you guys understand English?" because he should know by now that Singaporeans understand English, even if they don't speak it very well. I think it was more like a "Can you guys comprehend the hard concept I'm about to relate to you?" because after that he was asked people to space out because the people in front were getting squished badly.

There was a break between two songs [[POA and In Pieces, if I'm not wrong, which I very well could be]] , because the sound knob on the guitar wasn't adjusted. Mike said, "at least it's not lip synching." Burn! Hahaha. That aside, there wasn't a lot of crowd interaction, if you don't count directing the mic at the standing peoples.

I think the set was just nice, seeing that there were a lot of older people in the crowd who couldn't take bouncing around for an hour and a half. :P I would've liked more stuff from Reanimation though, and less from MTM. The show seemed kinda short, but it was in reality 90 minutes, so yeah. I would say that we got our money's worth. :)

And some pictures!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The quality's shit, but it's kind of hard to get good pictures when you're jumping and 200 people in front of you are trying to do the same thing. You get the idea though. :)

My calves are aching really badly right because from all the jumping/tip toeing. [[It really really really sucks to be short.]] It was also really sticky and sweaty, but I'd do it all over again. :D



ETA: This is really random, but everyone was like, "CHESTERR." And when I say everyone, I mean everyone. Some guy behind me was screaming "CHESTER!!!!" a lot. Hahahaha. I wanted to scream "MIKKEEEE" but then I would be the only one. Boo hoo.

There were also these two girl dressed in yellow shirts and yellow jeans, and both of them had writing on their shirts. I think one of them had "I lost my number, can I have your's?" on it. They were also sitting on some people's shoulders. Lame much?

No comments: