Saturday, November 10, 2007

Hermes

No, I haven't found the formula to get rich quickly so that I can spend 2 million dollars at Hermes. And no, a Birkin did not just fall out of the sky and present itself to me. It's just that I seem to have a special affinity with Hermes today.

So today my sister and my mom went to the hairdresser's. Waiting for someone to get their hair done for an hour is boring, so I went to pick up some magazines. 4 magazines to be exact. And in each and every one of them, there was Mathias. Awesomeness. :)

Anyways, you know how those fashion magazines show you stuff from major designers and then give you the prices? One of the four magazines that I picked up had a one page article of the Kelly Calèche. It was photographed with a mini saddle, a whip and leather gloves. If my memory doesn't fail me, the mini saddle was $6,500, the whip $600 plus, and the gloves $900 plus.

....

WTF. It's not going to matter to your horse whether or not you smack him with an Hermes whip. It's going to hurt the same for him. So why are you getting a $600 whip? You're probably going to drop it in the sand or mud [[Trust me, I've done this millions of times. And once or twice on purpose as well.]], and if you're really lucky, you might place it in your horse's stable, and it might just fall and land in a puddle of pee.

Awesome fun, is it not?

After my mom was done, I went to Popular, and again I picked up a magazine. This one featured a $600 Hermes corkscrew. This is even better than the whip. I mean, sure, go ahead and buy it. Why not use it to open that $5000 wine you have stored in the cellar? It would be horrendous to open that exquisite wine with a $10 corkscrew. I'm shuddering at the thought of that already.

It's really fucking amazing what people will pay for stuff. I think I should brush up on my art and become a famous designer. And then charge people $1000 for cotton underwear.

Because Thomson Plaza is such a boring place, we left to J8. Which is equally as boring, but not as old-fashioned. When we were getting some food, this guy with the orange Hermes shopping bag walked past. I think my heart skipped a beat. Or two. Or ten.

I don't think I was mistaken. You can mistake that gorgeous shade of orange, and I'm pretty darn sure I saw the Hermes logo on it.

Seriously, what is someone who can afford Hermes doing in J8? But I think the more important question is this: How the hell do you afford Hermes? I mean, really afford Hermes and not go into debt over a bag or a saddle or whatever.

Ah, the elusive mystery of the rich peoples. Hopefully that mystery will be unveiled to me one day.


I've also just realised that paying $100 plus for a bottle of fragrance is not normal. Go figure, huh? I've always thought that all fragrances were that expensive. Imagine the shock I got when I saw that the Adidas fragrances [[EDT, 100ml]] were only $14. What an eyeopener.

And on the topic of money, I need a credit card. Here are the things that I will get with a credit card:

1) ATVO. I don't want it anymore, I need it. Maybe not as much as water or air, but it's still pretty important. Just as important as having a TV in my room.

2) QAF -- the complete series. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UX6TK2/ref=pd_cp_d_3/104-8613057-3201539?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_r=0RYE8GTWGHXFBRYSAPWJ&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=316286001&pf_rd_i=B0000798EY This is just as important for me as ATVO. Why? Because only Season 1 is fully online. There are like, 5 episodes of Season 2 or something like that. Unacceptable.

3)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I saw a guy with the male version of this polo shirt today. Damn it! I swear I'll wear this at least once a week if I get it.


And this is just the stuff off the top of my head. *sigh* Maybe it isn't such a good idea for me to have a credit card, haha.


Yay I shall go and watch QAF now. :D And the more I think of it, the more Hal Sparks looks like Cesc. Not a good image to have while watching an Arsenal match. >.< I'm sorely missing watching Arsenal matches already. The 0-0 draw doesn't count; a game isn't a real game unless you have goals. Maybe I'll go and watch our 7-0 trashing of Slavia Prague. That was fun. :)

It would be fun to do it again to Reading. It's kind of harsh, and I have nothing against Reading, but we really do need to sort out our goal difference. And if it's not enough, we could try for 7 again against Chelsea and Sp*rs! Oh, that would be fucking awesome! :D

No comments: