Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sevilla v Arsenal

Sevilla 3-1 Arsenal.

You know, I'm usually more pissed at the other team and the ref or anyone else after a loss, and don't make a mistake, they did play a part in it today, but I'm more disappointed in how our boys performed.

We were terrible. Apart from the first 15 minutes or so, we were dominated by Sevilla. We didn't have any drive or determination to come back from a goal down, and the passing was horrendous. The performance was, to use the words of the commentators, "untypical Arsenal".

Senderos was horrid, and Traore was almost practically useless in terms of defending. Plus we took Hoyte off for Sagna. Actually, the only good movement in the game was the goal. The cross was darn near perfect from Bendtner [[and that boy is impressing me more and more; I know I wasn't happy with him and his inflated ego before, but now that he's showing that he just might be able to live up to that...]], and Eduardo controlled the ball perfectly to score that goal.

Sevilla's players were fucking dirty. There was this bleached blond guy who was really pissing me off because he made like 5 dirty tackles in succession on our boys and didn't get booked. Their players were also fucking divers. Navas was especially bad. I mean, making Eboue look like he actually can stay on his feet? Yeah, I think you get my point.

[[But maybe my general distaste for Navas is getting in the way of me assessing his diving skills fairly. Seriously, that guy gets on my nerves. I don't know why, he just does. I think it started with the whole "homesickness-going-to-a-psych" thing. Which is weird in itself, because I don't have anything against homesickness in general. Then today I saw him being interviewed on Eurosport news. Ergh. I don't even remember what he said, just that he was super gross.

I know someone's going to go, "OMG YOU CAN'T DISLIKE A PERSON BASED ON LOOKS." It's just one of those things, ya know? Like how I don't like bright pink. There's no real reason why, I just don't.]]

The referee was a retard. Half his decisions went Sevilla's way, one particularly bad one I remember was giving away that free kick on the left that lead to their second goal, and he seemed determined to give Sevilla a penalty. And he didn't book that ugly and dirty bleached blond. >:(

The defeat could be both good or bad for us, really. It came in a match where it didn't really matter, with the majority of our B team, but I don't know how our players are going to bounce back from it. We have 3 away games in succession in the league starting with Villa. We have to win at Villa. I don't know what will happen if we don't. But on the bright side, now we have no more shit about our unbeaten run, and it prevents us from being too complacent.

I know for sure one bad thing that came out of this match though -- Cesc has a small hamstring problem. Shit. I don't want to face Villa without both him and Hleb. I'm praying that it's a small problem. *crosses fingers*



You might've noticed that I'm back in Singapore already. Ubin sucked major ass. The place was so run down, the food was mediocre, the "pools" were full of rubbish, there were no activites because there were no instructors at the facilites, and it was just plain shit. Oh yeah, there were 2 billion mosquitoes and I'm now itching all over. I have this clump of like 5 mosquitoe bites near my ass, and it's super irritating, because it's sooo itchy but I'll look like some old perv if I start scratching it in public.

I have pictures, or rather, my sister does, but I don't feel like posting them right now. Maybe in another post.

So other than modelhommes and arsenal-mania, I've been checking out www.myspace.com/fortminor. Everyone go take a look at the blog! It's awesome. :D Mike is awesome. And the two SOB songs are really really good. I'm going to get the album when it come out. :D

Oh yeah, I came across Kevin's photoblog today. I don't understand a single thing, but the pictures of him are cute. :) He did post the lyrics to Enjoy The Silence though. Yay for good taste in music!

I've come to the conclusion that people with bad taste in music are the ones who play their music really loudly in public. I haven't heard anyone play good music before. Maybe it's the kind of circles I run in, but I don't think so.

And some pictures, because no post is complete without them.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I love the wings. I like wings. I even briefly contemplated getting a pair of wings on my back. I decided that it would be too corny at 50 though.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I love this picture of Vincent. ♥

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Best face. EVER.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
HI MATHIAS. Why does Vincent look so short, haha?



Okay have a good day everyone! I should be gone for the next two days. But you never know.

No comments: