Friday, August 29, 2008

Procrastinating against studying is fun

Well, not really, because I always feel damn guilty about wasting time, but doing stuff on the computer (like blogging and watching Matthew M. videos!) is fun.

It figures that one of the hottest guys at the Olympics is gay and taken. Ruth was so disappointed when I told her that. "WHAT?!?! MATTHEW MITCHAM IS GAY?!?!?!?!?! WHY ARE ALL THE GOOD-LOOKING ONES EITHER GAY OR TAKEN?!?!" <--- or something to that effect. Ruth, my sister and I are all of the opinion that just because a guy is gay doesn't mean he's not good-looking. We're just sore that he's not there for the taking.

My sister came up with a stupid theory because she could tell at first glance that Matthew M. (must write Matthew M. or Matt M. because there's Matt L. and Matt B. too and when I come back to read my posts a year later I don't want get confused and be all "WTF WAS I WRITING?!") was gay and I couldn't. And it is that smart people, those people with high IQs and thus who can think with their brains instead of their sexual organs have perspective, and therefore have good gaydars. People who are perverts have terrible gaydars because they don't have perspective, plus they naturally assume that everyone is there for their taking. (Perspective here obviously refers to a person's ability to not visibly drool at the sight of a gorgeous person.)

She obviously thinks she's smart and that I'm a pervert. (sigh) And she backs up her theory with the fact that I recognised Matt M. in some video because I remember his blond head connected to the swimming trunks that had "AUSTRALIA" printed on the back. In my defence, it was his defining trait amongst all the other divers!

And it's not my fault that the Olympics taught me to look at men this way:
(1) Look at his body. (This works especially well if it's an event that involes the wearing of tight-fitting outfits, such as diving or gym. Is it really that big a coincidence that I enjoy watching diving and gym? Probably not.)
(2) Watch the athlete's performance.
(3) If you enjoy both, then look at his face.

So, obviously, this is how I noticed Matthew M.:
(1) "Look, another random diver whose name I cannot register or process! Oh gosh, his six pack is beautiful/divine/a work of art (NOMNOMNOM). Okay I know he's Australian not because the commentator's going on about it but because AUSTRALIA is printed on the back of his swimming trunks."
(2) "WOAH. DUDE. THAT WAS AN AWESOME DIVE."
(3) "Oh my, he's cute. Really really cute".

THE 10M DIVING WILL BE SHOWN TOMORROW ON CHANNEL 1/THE PREVIEW CHANNEL AT 10A.M. FOR ALL OF US TO ENJOY MATTHEW M.'S CUTENESS. WTF STARHUB WHY DID YOU JUST CANCEL IT AND REPLACE IT WITH WOMEN'S SYNCHRONISED 10M DIVING?!?!?!?!?!?!??!! THE PROGRAMME AFTER IT IS WOMENS 3M SYNCHRONISED DIVING! WE DON'T NEED SO MUCH WOMEN'S DIVING, GIVE US SOME MAN MEAT, KTHNX. (I actually have a theory about why it was cancelled. Ask me! It's so fun that I probably shouldn't, and won't, post it on a public webpage.)

(Okay I really must get back to mugging. I'll try to follow this up with a nice picspam & info post if my stupid internet finally allows Photobucket to load.)

No comments: