Thursday, August 21, 2008

Guys who marry a few rungs up the looks ladder are rockstars, or rich, or have, I don't know, beautiful penmanship.

I hate Swatch watches, omg. Mine is so noisy! The ticking is going to drive me crazy, I swear. At least it's decent looking and cheap.

Today I saw this girl on the MRT who had the most gorgeous watch (for females) I have ever seen in my life. It looked vintage, so I was like D: and didn't ask her about it. I'm stupid. Just because something looks like it's vintage doesn't mean it wasn't bought from a shop! Argh D:

I think Breguet watches are super gorgeous. They're the first watchmaker I know who makes decent looking watches for ladies! Franck Muller makes okay watches, but their male collection is much nicer looking. What wouldn't I give to be rich D:


The Olympics have been super fun! :D Let me recount a few of my favourite moments so far.

(1) So me, my grandparents, my aunt and my dad were watching the Men's Team Table Tennis Semis between Germany and Japan. My grandma hates Japan (still bitter about the Japanese Occupation) and was going, "Aiyah just go back to Japan lah, won't win one. Wooden legs how to run?!" It's mean but it's so funny! (Oh, and she thinks Ronaldo is a crybaby with wooden legs, hahahahah. My grandma rocks.)

By that time Germany and Japan were tied 2-2, and Timo Boll was playing the last match with the Japanese guy. They each won one match point in turn, and they were tied 2-2 for the last match point. My grandpa felt that the Japanese guy was crap and kept missing the ball, and went, "I think he should get glasses. His eyes are so small, how can he see properly?" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Boll won the last match point of the last game, thus winning the semi-final for Germany. The Germans were so happy they started manpiling on Boll, and we were all like, "O.O Gay much?!" And when Suss was looking like he was about to kiss Boll, it suddenly cut to football.

So my grandma says, "Why suddenly got so many people? Weren't there just two people playing before?!"

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA GRANDMA <3


(2) Just the previous Monday, there was the equestrian team jumping final. It's a bit disheartening to see the riders leave their horses to the stablehands with not much more than a few pats, but then I hear this rider say (either Canadian or American, before the jump-off for the gold), "What a horse". AWWWWW. I love it when riders acknowledge how much a part the horse played in their victory. (This is especially apparent in the penthalon, where 3 riders fell within 30 minutes of each other and no one went clear for the duration I was watching).


(3) A.GYM MEN'S INDIVIDUAL APPARATUS HIGH BAR FINAL! Probably my favourite event so far, even if that China gymnast won undersevedly (in my opinion, at least). Jonathan Horton second and Fabian Hambuechen third! So awesome :D Horton is one of my favourite gymnasts, and not just because he has the best surname ever (Horton! Horton the elephant!) and is shorter than me (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A full inch!), but because I admire his determination and attitude. He just went all out for the competition and he did so well on the high bar. It was amazing, and the releases were awesome! <3

Hambuechen is also one of my favourites, because he seems like such a geniunely nice guy. When I first saw him I was like, "Ergh this guy looks damn cocky" (probably because it was when he fell off the high bar and was looking quite upset), but after watching so many events, I think he's probably the nicest gymnast at the Olympics. I always see him shaking hands with the other gymnasts, and once I even saw him shake hands with the woman holding the signboard leading them around the stadium! It's kinda sad that he's been finishing 4th in so many events so when that Italian guy (who did pretty well on the high bar and I was convinced Hambuechen had no hope of a medal) placed 4th, me and my sister screamed for joy! Hahahahaha I swear it's the first time I've screamed at some sporting event that is not football.

And Blanik from Poland winning the Men's Individual Apparatus Pommel Horse event! I noticed his vaulting during qualification and I'm really pleased he won! He's really darn good at it, and his name! So awesome. :D



Silvestre?!?!?!?!? WTF. I was WTF-ing about it in the morning when I read it in the newspaper and poof, when I check the internet a few hours later, he's an Arsenal player. WHUT. Like Arseblog said, you have to like/love every Arsenal player and ergh. *shudders* I'll probably change my mind later but right now I am shuddering. This better not be our one big signing!!!!!!

And talking about signings, our Nasri did really well against West Brom! Got his first goal on his Premiership debut and was generally hardworking and did well (but then again it's West Brom). I'm pretty disappointed that we only scored one goal but a win's a win, AND Man Utd got 1 point only, so overall I'm okay with it.

But Nasri is injured?!?!?! Gah. D: But talking about friendlies, Robin scored a FANTASTIC goal for Holland! Please replicate that for us ASAP, kthnx. His son looks so much like him it's scary!



Real life stuff:
- The IMCB Bio workshop thing is really boring. Coupled with no one to talk to, it makes me really fucking excited to get back to school.
- People who take me for granted are fucking annoying. I have no fucking obligation to do anything for you, okay? Fuck you.
- I need to start EOY revision. Fuck this shit.
- I don't feel like I have any real friends in school anymore. I don't get told anything until every-fucking-one knows about it already, and everyone seems to have other people they'd rather hang out with.
- Being called annoying is not something I appreciate.

I realised I used the word fuck nearly every sentence of the real life stuff. Guess my real life isn't as rosy as I want it to be.




And just for you, my dearest Debbie, the next post will contain lots of shirtless guys. ;)

No comments: