Sunday, October 5, 2008

A collection of random (or maybe not so random) thoughts and quotations, mostly about Arsenal

(1) My list of things to buy tomorrow is v. v. large. The Les Choristes DVD (the third part of my birthday present from my sister, since I already found out what the second part is -- we are so bad at presents), The Slip, jeans, a new wallet, Crush by Richard Siken, a new chair, macarons, (possibly) the current Arsenal home jersey, 10ga jewellry, lilac Chucks and Dunks!

(2) Bernice: My friend's parents put a parental lock on IE... So she switched to Firefox.

(3) Just before the Physics paper last week, Serene tell me, "Eh I watched the replay of the match yesterday." Since Serene is a ManUtd fan, I ask, "Which match are you talking about? The Arsenal v Porto match?" She says yes, so I go excitedly, "Did you see the...?" Before I can get the sentence out she continues with, "I didn't watch any of the goals. I watched the first 20 minutes and the last 20 minutes." (How do you even do that? It's amusingly amazing!)

(4) Brenda: Which club does your sister support?
Belinda: Arsenal lah, duh. I influenced her. I told you yesterday that she admires Robin, right?
Brenda: Maybe she just likes the player, not the club.

Also, Brenda was telling me that she was hoping that Liverpool would lose against Man City. She is now officially the coolest person I know in school. :D We're going to get our ICs done together!

(5) (I was moaning about how I didn't manage to get the cool gold CL font last season on my shirt, and I'm asking my sister why she didn't force me to get it.)
Bernice: You know who to get meh?

(6) Quite a long time ago, I was watching some football programme on the Football channel and someone brought up the discussion of whether players who injure other players should be out for the entire duration that the injured player is out for. Someone wrote in and said that it's a good idea because Eboue can dive and pretend that he's injured from a Ronaldo challenge, and stay "injured" for the whole season, and then both Eboue and Ronaldo will be out!

(7) I love the Les Choristes soundtrack -- I think I've listened to it at least 10 times in the past 3 days. Jean-Baptiste had such a beautiful voice, omg. Bernice and I love Vois sur ton chemin, but my dad loves Caresse sur l'Océan more and wants it to be his ringtone. He said, "I'll let the whole song play before picking my phone up", hahahhaha.

(8) I love The Cheetah Girls 2. It is possbily the best show ever -- it's so bad that it's good! The spazzy dance sequence near the end, the super bad but catchy songs, the terrible scriptwriting all added up gives you an awesomely terrible movie. Bernice says that Golan Yosef would be actually quite cute if he wasn't so spazzy in the movie. I think he looks like Robin... I don't even know if that has to do with the fact that they're both Dutch.

(9) Bernice: I can't open the stupid video, it says that it can't be played in our country! Can you try using the other computer?

(10) I wish I had some talent in singing and dancing. The only thing I can take comfort in is that Beatrice is much worse than I am in singing (she's completely tone deaf)... but she's also about 200 times better than me when it comes to dancing. I remember just passing dancing in Sec 1, although that might have had something to do with the fact that I told the teacher that her dance wasn't hip-hop, which was what it was billed as. In my defence, it really wasn't hip hop. The dance track was Blue, for goodness sake.

(11) And talking about school and hip-hop, Bernice tells me that the school is having some kind of music lesson where they teach the Sec 1 about hip-hop, and their example of hip-hop is Where Is The Love. Thank god my sister has me as an influence. My dad thinks that The Black Eyed Peas are called The Black Peppers. Other than proving that alcohol really does fuck with your brain (or maybe it's just that my dad isn't exactly the best person to talk to about pop culture), it's really super amusing. Oh, and just for laughs, me and my sister want to pretend that Vois sur ton chemin is hard rock. We tried to head bang to it... and failed, obv.

(12) My mom doesn't see why exposing your bra is fail.

(13)
Photobucket
So, so, so, so beautiful. (sighs)

(14)
Photobucket
Hmm, who is that I see peeking out of the left side of the picture? I think he's wears Arsenal colours now! Is his name Rozitsk -- oh no, it's Rosicky! I don't even remember the last time when he played a game at all. ):

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
"So ist auch die Achillessehnenverletzung passiert!" -- Metze.

I want to learn German, if only to be able to read their blog entries. Bernice agrees with me that Spanish will probably be easier than German though.

No comments: