Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Post-exam euphoria

In true post-exam euphoria fashion, my youngest sister decided that she wanted an iPod Nano. (I have this theory that the exams make you do crazy shit. For example, a lot of people were going to the Bird Park or the Zoo after the exams. Um, okay?) My mom, who indulges my younger sister as much as possible, decided that she would get it for her. (Usually we only get rewards from our parents after the results come out, but we all know that Beatrice gets spoiled needlessly.)

While we were at the Apple shop, we all saw the iTouch (that I've been lusting for) and my mom thought that it'd be better value for money. We vascillated between getting it and not getting it, the arguement for not getting contributed by me and my genius deduction that Beatrice only wants the games on it since she listens to ... nothing!, but in the end my mom caved and decided that she would get it after all. They ask for one, and the sales assistant says....

"We're out of stock."

Then the SA helped us to ring up 3 other branches, which were all also out of stock! Hahahaha it was so awesomely perfect. Even after my mom says yes to buying the stupid thing they don't have any to sell it to her! My sister is probably telling her friends that I am some major-ass bitch who sucks the joy out of people, but oh man, this is just too good.

After that we went to the Nike store, and the Arsenal jersey is $111. I suppose I'll wait till after my birthday to get it, in the vain hope that someone will buy it for me and I won't have to spend my money on it. In the meantime I'm going to decide whose name I want on my jersey.

Cesc? I think Cesc is awesome in almost every single aspect of his game (and using the celery to scratch his head!), but "I have decided to give my all to Arsenal and to give my maximum, I’d like to try and win more titles here, nevertheless we will see what happens next year" doesn't sound good. Although it will be a different story if we win something this year. However, thinking with the pessimism that only football fans can have, it will be extremely unfortunate if I get a jersey with his name on it and he leaves the club next season though.

Robin? Wonderful on form and uninjured, but is prone to long periods on the sideline. I might get weird questions from people who are non-Gooners like, "Who's v.Persie?" (pronounced un-Dutchly of course) "Is he some reserve player?"

Since there can't be an objective system of measurement without numbers, the score stands at (starting from 100):
Cesc 80, Robin 90

(you get 100 points if you know where that came from!)

I shall spend the rest of the evening reading Harry Potter, watching House and debating over random pointless things, like whether a tall or a grande Starbucks is more worth it.

No comments: