Tuesday, October 28, 2008

RVP's Perfect Footballer

Arsenal.com states, "He might have the brain of Dennis Bergkamp, the vision of Cesc Fabregas, the heart of Tony Adams and the lungs of Ray Parlour."

I'm quite surprised that they're starting off this series with Robin. I expected that Cesc or Gallas would be the first. But either way, Robin has wonderful quotes. "My perfect mouth belongs to Cannavaro... He just stick there." (I know a good transcriber corrects the grammar mistakes, but I am not a good transcriber. Plus it's more real and cuter with the mistakes.)

But his selections are quite baffaling at times seeing as THERE WAS NO DENNIS BERGKAMP. WHAT KIND OF A DUTCHMAN AND ARSENAL PLAYER IS THIS? Plus I remember reading this article a long time ago and I distinctly remember him being quite the Bergkamp fanboy. I'm fairly surprised that Flamini was the only Arsenal player (past or persent) that he picked, saying "My perfect heart belongs to Flamini" and "His desire and the way he plays is with his heart".

The only interesting thing mentioned is that there was a charity match "two weeks ago". Why is this new to me? Either this was filmed quite a while ago or my memory is starting to fail me.

I know the article said that the interview will be with the "first-team players", but I hope they'll have Arsene's Perfect Footballer.

No comments: