Thursday, October 2, 2008

Guys wearing coloured skinny jeans scare me

Photobucket
It just occured to me that it would be quite tiring for Adebayor to carry Robin like that.

Adebayor also feels that Fabregas is the man behind the team gelling as a unit off the pitch, and is largely responsible for helping him develop an understanding with Van Persie.
"Sometimes we go out. We are not the best friends ever but sometimes it does happen that we go to a restaurant."
"Robin is in contact with Fabregas and sometimes he makes everybody sit together. We are quite close, quite good friends."
"We are players so of course we sit and talk. Sometimes you have to manage to find a solution and discuss what you have done good and bad," he added.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=892184

This passage confuses me. Is Robin or Cesc who's behind the team bonding activities? The first paragraph makes it sound like it's Cesc who's behind the team bonding sessions but then why say "Robin is in contact with Cesc"? Of course he's in contact with Cesc, they play for the same club! Unless they work together to get the team together or something, but then Adebayor says "sometimes he makes everybody sit together".

(please tell me it's not just me and that I'm not growing stupider)


But Van Persie told AD Sportwereld: "When you want to invite an international colleague, you do that by phone and then you can speak. If Wesley (Sneijder) had called me he would have been welcome. We could have had a fine talk. But I am amazed about the way Wesley handled it now. What is the use of such a talk if before it you tell the media and the audience what your problem is? I had expected more class and personality from him. Real personalities don't need a magazine or newspaper to make their point clear."

http://www.comeonboro.com/matches/08092730.php

I suppose I should be quite amused since I support die Nationalmannschaft and all, and I suppose I am, since Sneijder (whose name I cannot pronounce at all) is bringing this up months after Euro, but Robin is being a hypocrite. I don't see why he's talking to the media at all if he feels that Sneijder isn't handling it properly.

On the topic of Dutch pronunciation, I realise that I can't pronounce van Persie like how the Dutch say it, so I just stick to calling him Robin. It gets a bit confusing when you're talking to non-Gooners.

"Robin who? Robinho?"

The New Paper is extremely uncreative. Last season they ran this piece on our Robin titled "Fly, Robin, fly" and they quite recently ran one on Robinho which was titled (you guessed it), "Fly, Robin, fly". Is that all it takes to be a sports journalist? Repeating article names from last season thinking that no one will remember it?

Maybe I should be a sports journalist then. Bernice wants to be a referee. I told her that she'd be the most biased referee in the history of referees. "So what if he's rolling around on the ground? That doesn't mean that Clichy pushed him!" "Oi, why are you pushing Cesc like that huh? Red card!" She said that she'd be voted the best referee by the Gooners though.

I was just thinking about what Serene said the other day, about how Arsenal had the best looking footballers in the league. It's probably true. I just wish that we had the most consistent results as well. (sigh) But what I realised is that even if you add up all the Arsenal players (first team and reserves), their combined level of hotness wouldn't even come close to touching Lars' level of perfection.

Photobucket

Photobucket
See what I mean?

I have this theory that models are getting less and less good looking. The androgynous period at least yielded up some pretty good looking guys, like James R., Mathias and Jeremy, but now they're not as "pretty", just ... not that good looking. (Of course, when I'm talking about "good looking" I'm holding them up to the model standards. They'd be heartthrobs in any other field... just not in fashion.)

The only newish model I've seen so far that I actually think is good looking is Josh Beech.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I love the stretched ears and the tattoos, and it's probably also partly the bad-boy attitude, but it goes beyond that. Anyways, there's not really much use in trying to define why he's hot, might as well just enjoy it, right?

I want to stretch my ears. Nothing too dramatic, maybe 10ga. I just don't like the way 14ga looks. My parents are worried that I won't be able to stop and I'll end up have 2" lobes or something. Other than the pain, I'm also worried that I won't be able to find suitable jewellry for school and I'll have to stick multiple 18ga earsticks into my piercing, which looks weird.

Maybe it'll be a good idea to start going around to the piercing shops and see if they even have 10ga jewellry for sale in the first place. But that'll have to be after the exams, which will be over in another 4 days. I can already taste freedom! But today's SS paper was a fiasco. I wrote one of my answers on the wrong source, and didn't have enough time to re-do it, so I wrote a half-assed answer that will probably get me 2 marks out of 7, and it was just epic fail overall. ):

(sigh) But looking on the bright side, Bernice's review tests end today, and she's going to go out after school to buy my presents. :D She's getting me the Les Choristes soundtrack and something else which I don't know. I'm so crap at being patient, I've been dying to find out what it is. It's not the FCUK coat I was looking at the other day (too impractical, she says. When has fashion ever been practical?!), not an Arsenal jersey ("ask Daddy to buy that for you"), probably not the dinosaur Chucks that I've had my eye on since forever because she said that it's more expensive than an Arsenal jersey... Shit, you see what I mean? Haha.

Also, cute animals are well, cute. And looking at them being cute makes me happy, which relives the sadness of screwing up my SS paper.
Photobucket

Photobucket
I'd actually be kind of sad if I had to endure people staring at me the whole day.

No comments: