Friday, November 14, 2008

Why do medical dramas like to make doctors have affairs with dying patients?

In both the only medical dramas that I've ever watched in my life, there have been doctor/dying!patient relationships. Case in point:
(i) Wilson and shrinking-tumor-woman (the storyline played out over one episode though, which was sad)
(ii) Kyle and Eric in GH: Night Shift

To be fair though, I only watched GH: Night Shift because of Kyle/Eric. Which turned out to be very boring actually. :/ (Night Shift: Claire and Kyle (the spin-off of the spin-off; nice) is much funnier than Night Shift. It also helps that each episode is only about 3 minutes long.) I fastforwarded through everything but the Kyle/Eric moments. Eric seems to only have poor pick up lines and he makes mostly corny comments. At least Kyle produces some lulz, even if they are unintentional. See: "I sleep with men. And one day I hope to marry one, if I'm not too emotionally messed up to do so." (This in itself isn't funny, but the context and how he said it was priceless!)

Which got me thinking about Prop 8. That, Perez Hilton and everyone who is posting pictures of the various protests. I'm sad that it passed, but it's not really surprising. Gay people make up what, less than 10% of the population? Anything that is a minority can be also considered an oddity and is therefore viewed by some (in this case the majority of the American public) as unacceptable. But that doesn't make it any less terrible.

Because I try to create links between everything and Arsenal (which can sometimes be quite disturbing, such as seeing female Cesc lookalikes with large breasts, or male Cesc lookalikes who happen to be trapeze artists in tights), I came to realise that Robin and Cesc are free to marry both men and women, if they are that way inclined. Which is pretty cool. I'd want that for Beatrice and her little Tyra Banks loving heart.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Picture because it is both super precious and quite awkward at the same time.

Sometimes I wish that my happiness doesn't depend so much on Arsenal winning. My little Arsenal loving heart would have been so devastated if we had lost to Man Utd (no kidding, Bernice and I ran down 5 flights of stairs, with me tripping and cutting my butt on some stone steps to joyously celebrate our victory in front of a Man Utd fan) and it would have ruined my entire holiday.

Right now it seems as though we only just postponed our problems for a little while. Kind of like the LSD trip you go on to release some stress. And I can't just choose to turn off my love for Arsenal for a little while, until someone bitchsmacks this team into actually giving a fuck and playing some real football.

At least my whole life isn't just about football though. Just to take stock, here are some of the nice things that have made me happy recently.

(1) Nike
Photobucket
(I should probably crop this picture)

Today we let her play in my sister's room and she decided that she wanted to go on to the bed to sleep, so she jumped onto the bed and settled herself happily in between my sleeping sister's legs. After my sister woke up to use the laptop, she decided that she wanted in on some laptop loving and sat on the keyboard. She got tired soon after and used my bolster (the one that I used when I was just a baby) as a pillow.

She also knows how to use the bathroom as a toilet, even in unfamiliar places.

The fact that she's even alive is amazing. I just realised that her hind paws were burnt while the workers were cutting the pole to rescue her. Now, barely 2 weeks after that, she's running around and jumping onto beds and being the most amazing little thing ever. I love her.


(2) This editorial
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Amazing amazing amazing amazing. I don't exactly support the killing of endangered animals for their fur or skin but wow. Raquel Zimmerman is fantastic -- the middle finger is superb!


(3) Shoes, obv. C:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This picture and the one above it are both from Jak & Jil.

I love love love love love love love YSL. Did I mention that I love YSL? It cannot be said enough. I love YSL. I love the yellow Tributes. So gorgeous. They're the only colour that I've seen the Tribute in that makes me want to own a pair myself. And the way she pairs it with that nailpolish and those trousers is so amazing. The sequined tights with the 5-inch boots are so fucking cool as well. I love YSL.


Kirkwood for Rodarte
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
THE SHOES + THE JACKET = BELINDA DED X.X

Kirkwood is a fucking genius!



(4) Coco Rocha's hair in this editorial
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Why can't my hair look like that?



(5) Fashion and models

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I love this picture.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Okay Stammie without a Lacroix creation (or something equally as pretty) wouldn't make me happy, but the fact that I don't get why people bashing her legs while I would be very happy if I had a body like hers is enough to keep me entertained, which in turn makes me happy.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(from BryanBoy) So cute, omg. X.X Why doesn't Terron Wood look like this more often?


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Kind of a very awkward pose but he's hot, so whatever~


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I love Kevin!



(6) Good-looking men
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
He's gawjus x.x And his (pre-breaking) voice! x.x I wish I could sing like that


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I love his arms x.x I love moles and freckles on arm, and he has just the right amount of arm hair. x.x


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Chrisitan Bale on a bed ;) (brain shortfuses)



(7) These motivational posters!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: