Saturday, March 1, 2008

Arsenal v Aston Villa

Not the best game we've ever played. Nothing went our way, and we at best had half-chances. Almunia saved our asses more than once. But to be fair, I didn't feel that Aston Villa had it in them to score another one. Keyword: feel. You know how sometimes you just have gut feelings about something? Like how hard a test will be or something? Yeah.

I'm glad Nicky scored at the death. And Ade was the one who passed him the ball, am I right? Yepp. Professional Nicky-Ade problem over. Or at least, I hope so. To tell the truth I had the feeling that we would score one... sometime. It never felt like a game we'd lose. But I knew that if we didn't score early in the second half we'd draw it.

1 point above ManUtd at the top of the table. Not the most comfortable of positions, but I think if we can get past AC Milan at the San Siro, we should be able to do the same manure at Old Trafford. Yes I know the manure joke is lame and stupid. Sue me.

Oh yeah, if we ever feel bad about our results, let's look to sp*rs. 4-1 to birmingham. Whee. birmingham aren't exactly my favourite club, but whatever, whoever beats the scum, right? Maybe to celebrate St. Totteringham's day is a bit early, but I think they'd have to win every game with us losing every game to over take us. But just because I dun wanz 2 jinx it~, I shall refrain from bringing out the champange yet.



I went to this Greek art exhibition at the National Museum on Saturday. It was actually quite cool, but I think I needed to know more about Greek history because I didn't really understand the significance of the pieces.

Photobucket
That's Theseus on the left. I thought it would be interesting to those of us who take A Midsummer's Night Dream. ;)

Photobucket
Socrates

Photobucket
Plato

Photobucket
Nike

Photobucket
Aphrodite

Photobucket

Photobucket
Zeus chasing after ...

Photobucket
This boy.

Photobucket
These were the dolls the Greeks played with a long time ago. You can kind of see the reflection of my hand in the mirror and gauge how large they are.

Photobucket
This lion used to be on a tomb, if I'm not wrong.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Athena

Photobucket
Aristotle

As you can see, it's totally worth the $4 [[if you're a kid/student/senior citizen]] or $5 [[adults]]. They're on loan from the Lourve, and they apparently don't loan things out v. much, so it's a once in a lifetime chance to see them in Singapore! I mean, you could always fork out the money and go to Paris to see it, but still.


Anyways, Prison Break is awesome and it has awesome quotes.

"Whatever, Deliverance." -- C-Note

"Inside these walls, I creep and I crawl,
Looking for a way out,
But I know there's gonna be no easy route,
This is gonna be a 12-round bout.
Bellick and T-bag on my mind,
This grind in here..." -- Tweener

"Sergeant Sodomy." -- Abruzzi on T-bag

"You're telling me that there's a hole in Fox River that you don't wanna get into?" -- C-Note on T-bag

"Your parents must be so proud of you man. You hit the trailer park trifecta. Racist, pedophile, and stupid." -- C-Note on T-bag

T-bag: Hey, it's not like any of you are in here for stealing Girl Scout cookies.
Abruzzi: Yeah, but none of us killed any Girl Scouts along the way.

Tweener: I gotta get me some cashish, you know.
Michael: The pay is 19 cents an hour.
Tweener: That's slavery, yo.
Michael: That's prison, yo.

I know there are tons more but I am obviously too lazy to type them out. :)


Polyvore is really fun. Just to clear things up: I'm not trying to be a troll and claim that these were all created by me without the very awesome Polyvore. They were created on Polyvore. The reason why I don't have the polyvore logo at the bottom right corner is 'cos I didn't publish them, so I screencapped them when they were still drafts. I'm not that much of a tool to go and erase their logo from their creations. Duh.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I can't think of what bag/clutch to go along with this dress. I suck, obv.~

Photobucket

Photobucket

Those are the things that I would wear if the circumstances were suitable. BY circumstances I mean the cashish to buy these clothes, y'know whut I'm sayin' y'all. And of course, I would have to have the oppotunity/occasion to wear them out as well. I mean, I can't possibly wear a Lacroix dress for shopping, could I? Maybe if I were rich enough to afford couture... But that's another story altogether.

Comments/suggestions on the outfits are totally welcome! :)

No comments: