Sunday, October 21, 2007

Arsenal v Bolton

2-NIL TO THE ARSENAL! ♥
Kolo with a cracking free kick and Rosa with the other!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Yay Kolo! :D

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We didn't play well in the first half, and Cesc was about *indicates with forefinger and thumb about a centimetre apart* this close to getting sent off. I initially thought that Bolton would be an easy game, but I was wrong. They were dirty, and there were more fouls than chances on goal in the first half.

The second half was much better than the first, and we had a few good chances, some which fell to the defenders, who showed exactly why they were defenders and not strikers. I think if Robin was on the receiving end of some of those chances, we would've scored much earlier. ):

Anyways. I'm pleased that Kolo scored from that free kick. :) I know lots of people were like, "OMG WHY DOES HE STILL TAKE THOSE FREE KICKS SINCE HE NEVER SCORES THEM???" This should shut them up... until the next one he misses.

I thought both Theo and Rosa had good impacts on the game, and Theo did well to set up Rosa for the second. As arseblog put it, "It was the sort of goal that makes you want to light candles and sacrifice things to ensure Rosicky’s hamstrings stay in good shape because those are the kind of goals on he can bring to this side."

Eduardo wasn't so hot in this game though. He needs to score against Slavia Prague. I'm not too worried about Ade, really. He might miss some really good chances, but he just keeps on trying and trying. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he scores the winner against Liverpool, even if he doesn't score against Slavia Prague.

And on the topic of strikers, look who I spotted on TV.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Okay the last two pictures are shit, but if you look closely, you can tell that Robin is standing up, and there are no crutches next to him. I'm going to pray that if he can walk on his own, it means that he should be able to run sometime soon. I'm so obviously desperate here, aren't I? ):

Anyways, my Man of the Match!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I thought that Alex played really well. He created chances, and whenever he had the ball I felt that he would get something out of it. He also tried some shots of his own, which sadly didn't go in.

I'm starting to think that my sister's a good luck charm. Because Uncle D & family were at our house during the game, she was hanging out with them for the whole first half, and we didn't score. When they left, she came up to watch the game with me, and within 5 minutes of her arrival, Kolo scored! Also, whenever she's watched games with me, we win! We haven't drawed when she's watched the game before! She's going to start watching every Arsenal match with me now! >:)


So I was on jensdefense, and my god, some of the things that they say!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee240/purple_witness/jens.jpg

Okay, let me point something out: Dortmund should have stuck with Ziegler. They were winning matches when Ziegler was playing, and lost them with Weidenfeller in goal. Just because a goalie is number eins, doesn't mean that he can't be dropped when he's playing badly. It's always the team before the player. Or, in the case of Dortmund, it should be.

And that comment about Almunia's just stupid. It is true that he did not concede a goal in that period of time. So what do you want the writers to do? "Oh, Arsenal did not concede a goal in 550 minutes, but no thanks to Almunia. I mean, he was just standing in goal, wasn't he? So why should we give him any credit?"

I think the zenith of the post is the "Or is it because it was for Germany and not for Arsenal that doesn't count?" You know, like, I would, never like, guess that, just based on the fact THAT IT WAS ON ARSENAL.COM. Sheesh, don't these people think?

I want this story to end with us getting a good international keeper that is not Lehmann. Okay, he is a fantastic goalie, but he rattles the defence way too much. The defence is more settled with Almunia, who is, sadly, not a good a goalkeeper as Lehmann. If Almunia were as good as Lehmann, I'd say go for Almunia. But he's not, so there's that.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee240/purple_witness/jens2.jpg

I don't think this girl gets what Arsene is trying to say. Why the fuck do you want to change a winning team? Especially putting in a goalie who has conceeded two goals that any decent goalie should not over one that had a run of 550 minutes without conceeding a goal. And the "I hope Arsenal go down with flying colours" thing? In her own words, "absolutely unbelieveable".

What do these people think? "You know what? Fuck the team, fuck all their fans, fuck everyone. As long as my favourite player gets to play, even though he has conceded two very stupid goals which cost the team 2 valuable points, I don't give a fuck if they lose. Because, as we all know, it's not his fault for conceeding those two goals. The defence didn't bail him out, like the do with that other goalie, whom they like better. It's also obviously the opposition's fault for even attempting to score a goal. Actually, it's everyone's fault but [[add favourite player's name here]]."

I don't understand them. Yes, everyone has their favourites, but this is taking it a whole 'nother level. My favourite's Robin, but when he's playing like shit, I won't go, "It's the midfield's fault for not providing him with good balls to score from. It's also the other team's fault for having such good defenders." It's just stupid. God.


My dad bought the "The Young Guns" DVD. On the back it says "Interviews with key players", so naturally you'd expect interviews with players like Thierry and Cesc and Gilberto, right? Maybe also Ade, Rosa, Alex and Robin. But no, they have interviews with players like Baptista. Baptista!!!

He also got me the tickets to the LP concert! Yay! :D And we're standing! Whoooo! I shall arrive there super early to queue so we can stand in the front, wheeee!


The Prince and Me 2 sucked. As in, I'm-never-watching-this-shit-again;-it's-so-bad-it-makes-rugby-worth-watching. The girl who played Paige sucked. Her Paige was so different from the one in The Prince and Me. The whole freaking cast was changed, with the exception of Luke as Prince Edvard. And the new cast sucks. Even Luke sucked. He seemed so uninterested in the whole thing, and they was no chemistry at all between him and the actress playing Paige.

The storyline's also stupid. So this obsecure law comes up that the Crown Prince must marry a Scandinavian princess, which means that Paige and Eddie can't marry each other if Eddie wants to be king. While a group of the best lawyers get to work to find a loophole in the law, the marriage plans continue. However, Princess Kristen of Norway comes and tries to wreck the to-be marriage.

Paige eventually feels that Kristen and Eddie should be together [[although Eddie has made it very clear that he loves Paige and not Kristen]], and leaves the palace. Eddie decides to go through with the marriage to Kristen in order to remain king, and Paige emoz at her dorm. One day she takes a walk around town and sees a newspaper with a picture of Eddie and Kristen, and goes, "Eddie has his diplomatic smile on!!" and persuades her friend to bring her to some law building to search for the old records of the constitutions in order for her to be able to marry Eddie.

On the day of the wedding, Eddie decides that he would rather marry Paige than be king [[which, just a few scenes before, is a whole turn around of his "It's time I started acting like a king" thing where he decides that marrying Kristen would be the best]], and rushes to her dorm to tell her his little decision.

When he finally finds her and tells her that he would rather marry her than be king, she goes, "I can't let you not be king, because I found this book that says that we can marry with you remaining king!!!" Okay, they have the best lawyers in the country working on it for 3 weeks, and they don't come up with anything, and bang!, in 14 hours, this med student finds something? Unbelieveable.

So, because of this new development, Kristen has to be kept away from the church [[which leads to the stupidest sequences of her getting out of the palace]], which Soren takes care of, while Eddie and Paige arrive at the chruch. And when she gets there, the Queen's like, "We have 10 minutes to make you into the best bride!!!", and leads her somewhere to get her changed into a wedding gown.

Okay, who the hell has wedding gowns lying around in chruches? It makes no sense! And how does anyone get ready for a wedding ceremony in 10 minutes? Okay, so many people watching the movie might not be the smartest people around [[if they were, why would they be watching it?]], but they're not idiots either! Sheesh.

So, just a word of caution to anyone interested in it: Unless you think that "Return of the Killer Tomatoes!" was a fantastic show, don't buy this movie.



There's this shop at Plaza Sing that's called Sasa that sells perfume. I never noticed it before, but me and my sisters decided that it would be a good idea to take a look/smell some of their perfumes. Vera Wang's Princess has way too much vanilla in it. It's so overpowering, and it made all of us go, "o.0 Whoa."

Chanel's perfumes are all quite nice. By that I mean that it something that I would wear. I personally like Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle the best. It's feminine and flirty, and it's not overpowering. Sadly I'm really quite broke, so we'll see.

And of course we had to go smell Acqua di Gio again. I swear it gets nicer and nicer with each sniff. And I'm just a little confused here. There's this bottle of Acqua di Gio that says "pour homme", and another one, which is green in colour, that doesn't say that. Does that mean that the green one is unisex or "pour femme"?

You know, I just realised that I think $100 for a bottle for perfume is normal. I think that's because I was raised around people who pay that much for perfume/cologne. My aunt has a whole container full of branded perfumes, my dad used to wear Karl Lagerfeld, and my neighbour [[whom I used to visit a lot]] also wore branded perfumes. Seems as though me and my sisters are going to follow in their footsteps, huh? :/


And two pictures to end this horribly long post off.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Beatrice commented, "He has a nice body" when she saw these. She even pronounced "body" as "bod-aye". Bernice said, "Wow he looks the same without makeup." Haha, my family rocks. :)


ETA: Hahahahahahaha I just realised that both the polaroids are from Ford, and there's a discrepancy in Lars' height. There's is no way that that's because he grew a bit. Even if we assume that either one of these were taken at the start of his career, the youngest he could've been was 23. You don't suddenly grow at 23. Hahahaha what losers. >:)

No comments: