Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hleb - I want to finish my career at Arsenal
It's really nice when players talk about Arsenal like that, and I would like to believe they do like Arsenal on some level or the other, but sometimes you have to wonder. I've heard it being put as "employers working for a company", but somehow the comparison between a company and a football club just seems a little... off.

The only way for me to see for myself how much Alex means that will be to watch the video of ATVO, but I don't have ATVO. D: GAH. And just to make things worse, the Arsenal catalogue was released recently. I want at least 1/4 of the things in the catalogue. Heh. The holdall seeems like the perfect schoolbag for me. And I do need a new waterbottle...

I think it's really smart to use the players for the models in the catalogue. You save money on having to pay those crappy models who probably don't even know what Arsenal Football Club is, and since you have a bunch of fit 20 somethings on your hand, although admittedly not anywhere as good looking as the models, why not use them? It's also more convincing to get people to buy your stuff if your players wear them. Well actually the last one might just be me. Ah well.


I found the "This Robin is Flying High" article on the net!!!!!! Let me copy and paste it here, because it is so awesomely bad.

ROBIN van Persie's cathartic late strike for Arsenal was his third goal in as many games.
And it underlines the fact that the former enfant terrible of Dutch football has grown into a world-class striker.


If you wanted the ball to drop to anyone with the clock running down in a difficult away game, it would be 'Van The Man'.

Since his extraordinary goal at The Emirates Cup in pre-season, the 24-year-old striker has gone from strength to strength.

Manager Arsene Wenger described him as a 'top, top class player' when he arrived at Highbury in 2004 but, thus far, injuries have prevented him from securing his place in the starting line-up.

After a career in Holland spent making headlines for the wrong reasons, now he has a chance to vindicate the people who have put their faith in him.

Van Persie had a stormy relationship with his manager at Feyenoord, Bert van Marwijk, a staunch disciplinarian who had little time for the young man's ego. In fact, the Dutch manager actually sent Van Persie, then 18, home prior to an European clash after finally running out of patience with his negative moods.

A back injury and his increasingly fraught relationship with Van Marwijk spelled the end of his time in the Eredivision.

But it was the best thing that could have happened to him.

There have been no such rumours about his behaviour since he's been at Arsenal and any storm clouds hanging over his head from Holland have long since been blown away.

He has now hit five goals this season, just behind the joint top scorers at Arsenal, Emmanuel Adebayor and Cesc Fabregas.

The fact that Arsenal are picking up goals from all over the park is fantastic news for Wenger and proof that this young team is capable of challenging for the biggest prizes.

For the moment, it's a big salute to Van Persie's 75th match-winner at Romania's Stadionul Ghencea.

As they say, fly, Robin, fly.


OMG hahahahahahahahahahahahaa. I'll try not to die laughing, but hahahahahahahahahahahaha. What the hell was the writer thinking when he wrote that? "O-EM-GEE. Robin is a bird name!!!!!! Wouldn't it be really fun and cool to use "Robin" as a metaphor? Wowie! I'm sure people will be utterly amazed by my ability to think up such cool stuff!!!!!!" Ahahahahahahahahahaha!


Van Persie is happy without routine rotation
I agree that rotation is not good for the team. "But when Cesc gets the ball I know what he is thinking about. When Ade gets the ball I know what I can do for him. Everybody knows their part." I think he got the main essence of it. If they players understand how his teammates are playing, they're going to gel together like superglue in between two fingers.

And a random Robin quote because I feel happy and brimming with love today. "We all thought we were at great clubs before: Barcelona, Marseille, Feyenoord. But this is the best club of all." Robin says the nicest things, doesn't he?


Village by the Sea is a crappy book. Apparently lots of people on Amazon think it's a really good, moving, captivating book, but the writing leaves something to be desired. Lemme type out a paragraph as an example.

"Up on the grassy bank where the path came down from their hut, Bela and Kamal were still skipping and playing. They were playing 'Lame'. Bela was hopping on one leg and trying to catch Kamal who was running about on two in a small square marked with pebbles. Bela lurched forward to catch her sister by the skirt, Kamal stepped aside and Bela fell on her knees."

With all due respect, it is a boring book, with a plot like a fairytale, and is written in very simple, and utterly boring, language. The sorriest thing about it though, is that we have to do it for English Literature, while my friend in SCGS gets to do The Merchant of Venice and Of Mice and Men. Why can't we do The Merchant of Venice? I'm sure that the English of the people in our school is not that bad that they can't understand Shakespeare.

I was forcing myself to read it yesterday, but then I saw Fever Pitch lying so prettily on my desk and I went, "Screw it" and picked up Fever Pitch. And no, I am not biased towards it just because it is about Arsenal. I am a very fair person. *coughs* Anyways, let's compare the extract from Village by the Sea to an extract from Fever Pitch.

"Sport and life, especially the arty life, are not exactly analogous. One of the great things about sport is its cruel clarity: there is no such thing, for example, as a bad one-hundred-metre runner, or a hopeless centre-half who got lucky; in sport, you get found out. Nor is there such as thing as an unknown genius striker starving in a garret somewhere. (Everyone gets watched.) There are, however, plenty of bad actors or musicians or writers making a decent living, people who happened to be in the right place at the right time, or knew the right people, or whose talents have been misunderstood or overestimated. Even so, I think there is a real resonance in the Gus Caesar story: it contains a terrifying lesson for any aspirants who think that their own unshakeable sense of destiny (and again, this sense of destiny is not to be confused with arrogance -- Gus Caesar was not an arrogant footballer) is significant. Gus must have known that he was good, just as any pop band who has ever played the Marquee know they are destined for Madison Square Garden and an NME front cover, and just as any writer who has sent off a completed manuscript to Faber and Faber knows he is two years away from the Booker. You trust that feeling with your life, you feel the strength and determination it gives you coursing through your veins like heroin... and it doesn't mean anything at all."

I know that they are about two entirely different things, and maybe it's just me being weird again, but somehow I don't think so. I think Fever Pitch is beautifully written, and it probably helps that it's about Arsenal as well. But still. I think I've made my point pretty clear -- Village by the Sea does not have superb writing.


I think my post is missing some pictures. So here goes.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
LOVE THE PANTS!!!!111!!!!eleven!!!!!! And is that jacket ostrich? Funky.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Don't you just love the gold monogram pants? They look like grandpapa PJs. I would so totally buy it for my boyfriend. If I had one, that is.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I love that the hat is made out of the same fabric as the pants. And that the pattern is utterly disgusting.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

He matches the wall behind him. >.<

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
MR HAPPY FTW.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I like the random feet. :D

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I don't know what the hell this is supposed to be, but it's certainly very hideous. :DD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
CLICHY WAS CALLED UP TO THE FRENCH NATIONAL TEAM. ♥ He deserves it, he's been magnificent this season!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Don't they look they're looking off into the sunset or something equally as cheesy as that?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Woo-kash's hair rocks. Especially compared to Almunia's. >.<

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Heh, isn't that the most awesome picture ever? :D Now I totally want that scarf so I can do that and looking freaking cool!!!!!

But I have come to the conclusion that people can only have one niche area. Footballers can't model, and I don't think models would make good footballers either. Which is quite sad, because my ambition when I was younger was to become Superwoman. With a better, less manly body, better hair and much better clothes, of course.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is pretty awesome too though.


My sister and I are going shoe shopping on Monday. :DD Freaking awesome, yoz. Too bad we can get this pair:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It's my newest obsession. :) There's a freaking skull on the shoe, plus it's Roberto Cavalli! How can you not love it? The price is a bit of a put off though. US$1230 is very hard to justify for a pair of heels, no matter how gorgeous. *le sigh*

No comments: