Friday, October 19, 2007

Birthday post

Okay, first of all, a HUGE HUGE HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who wished me a happy birthday! ♥ Jing gets a special mention because she smsed me at 12.05A.M.. Like I said, JING > everything. Hahaha. :D

Anyways. My aunts brought me out to lunch at Oosters and to VivoCity to get my presents. On the way to Oosters, I stopped by a magazine stand and got this:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Yes, as the more observant people will realise, this is a men's magazine. And some of the smrater ones will go, "But you're a girl!" I know that too, thank you very much. But I wanted it for...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is Lucas. He's with Ave. I've checked their website and they don't have a thing on him. He's pretty good looking though, don't you agree? :D

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And this! I don't know who this guy is, but he's gorgeous. Also, this was taken in the Singapore Polo Club, so I'm around 80% sure that the horse he's holding is Cocoa. I miss Cocoa, she's awesomely awesome.

But anyways. Oosters has the best mussels ever. The 5 of us can finish a 1kg pot, and we still wanted to get more, but we thought that it wouldn't be such a good idea since we had pork knuckles and fish and chips coming. [[And for anyone planning to go there, as you can tell, 3 plates is roughly enough for 5 people, so unless you're really big eaters, don't order a plate a person.]]

After that we went to VivoCity. We went to Zara first, where I saw a pair of flats that I've wanted for a loong time. But I thought it would be a better idea to go look around and see if there's anything better, so we went to Topshop. There I saw a girl with the Zara F/W 07/08 book thingie, so me and my sisters rushed back to Zara to get it.

It's super pretty!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And of course, Lars. :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is officially the cutest picture ever!!!!

Then after that we just walked around and I realised exactly how much I wanted those flats, so I went back to Zara. But like the DC slippers, they were the last pair. I have great luck, I know. So we asked the salesperson to call around the other Zara stores to see if any of the other outlets had a new pair in my size. And the one at Ngee Ann City had it, so we rushed down there.

They are seriously the prettiest flats ever! But first, the bag. I've never bought anything from Zara before, curiously. I've been in there a lot, but I've never come out with anything. Strange, huh?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I know this is blurry, but you can clearly see that it has toe cleavage. Which makes it awesomely sexy. What's more, they're comfy! The other pair of flats that I have are horrible to walk in. Whee.

Before we left for Ngee Ann City, I went into Tangs with Bernice. I originally wanted to show her the Hermes fragrances, but I got sidetracked looking for a bottle of orange nail polish. We went to Chanel first, and just sitting there prettily on the shelf was a bottle of Black Satin! Gah. I'm killing myself over not getting it now. ): It was just there!

But Chanel didn't have orange, so we went to the other counters looking for some. Apparently orange is too bright a colour for many designers to make? We went to basically all the big names, and no one had any. Their shades of "orange" were either too red, or sparkly. -.-

While walking around we saw the Hermes counter, and mhm, nice perfumes. Most perfumes are either really flowery or sickly sweet [[like the Estee Lauder one with Gwyneth Paltrow on it. I don't like it one bit, bleh.]], but I thought the Hermes ones were quite nice. I need to get a bottle of perfume. Hmm.

We also saw Gorgio Armani, and of course we had to go try the Acqua di Gio. While we were picking up the bottle, the salesperson came over.

SA: Are you looking for a bottle of perfume for yourself or as a gift? [[Stupid question much, it was at the cologne section.]]
Us: No, we're looking for a gift. *still with Acqua di Gio in our hands*
SA: Oh, how old is he?
Us: It's for our dad.
SA: Here, try this. *sprays Acqua di Gio onto that weird paper thing*

Mhm, Acqua di Gio is very, very nice. It's not trying to be overpoweringly manly which in turn makes it smell like poop, like most colognes, but it's [[and I quote]] "sensual" and "elegant". It's crazily attractive to me, although my sister just classifies it as "okay". Can you imagine the sexyness that would be Lars wearing Acqua di Gio?

I would buy it for my boyfriend, if I had one, that is. My dad likes it though, so Bernice and I are going to get it for him for Christmas. Yay. :D Obviously it's going to be the one with Lars on the box. Heh. Just as obviously, we're going to keep the box.

The salesperson tried to sell us a Ralph Lauren cologne though. I don't know which one it is, but according to her, it just came out. It's really smelly. My sister thinks that it smells like her dirty laundry. Haha.

Before we left though, we tried to find my orange nail polish at MAC. And behold, they have a satisfactory orange nail polish! Actually it's more than satisfactory, it's awesome! It's a bright orange, but it's kind of sparkly too, which is fantastic.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is exactly the shade of orange that you get on your nails. It's called "Fireball", if anyone's interested in getting it. It stays on pretty good too.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And this is an extremely blurry picture of the cute bottle. The cap is made of rubber and it's super awesome. :D

It's not cheap though, it was $19. :/ But I suppose it's better than Chanel, where a bottle of nail polish is going for $32.


Anyways, some of my other presents.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is Tool's Undertow, so kindly given to me by my sister. :D

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Last season, I kind of regarded this as my good luck charm before Arsenal matches. If I bathe with it before the matches, then we'll win. Sadly it didn't work for the match against PSV though. Then after that I just stopped using it. But I still like the smell, so whatever.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is Tools' 10,000 Days, from Bianca.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is from Bianca as well. The cover is awesomely shiny. :D

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is a graphic from an LJ friend. Isn't it fabulous? :D


Tagged by Jingo.
1. Each blogger must post the rules first.
2. Ecach blogger starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
3. Bloggers that are tagged need to write on their blog about their 8 random facts/habits and post the rules. At the end of your blog, you need to choose 8 people to get tagged and leave their names.
4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged and to read your blog. :)


8 UTTERLY RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
1. My favourite colours are red and orange. Red because of Arsenal :DDD, and more insignificantly, it's Germany's away colour; and orange because orange is awesomely garish.
2. I find it easier to communicate in Cantonese than in Chinese.
3. I cannot live without Smart TV. Whenever I watch normal digital cable, I always try to look for the rewind button if I miss something, and when I don't find it, I feel as if something's missing.
4. My favourite designer is Valentino.
5. I love heels, but I don't have any of my own. [[I steal them from my mom.]] I can also balance in 4" heels pretty comfortably.
6. I love all kinds of music. I'll listen to anything from Eminem to Slipknot, from John Legend to Tool, from Baschi to classical. I draw the line at the shit played regularly on MTV though.
7. I have songs in Finnish, Italian, Spanish, German, French, Swiss German and of course, English, on my MP3 player, but no Chinese/Korean/Japanese ones.
8. Flamenco guitar is my favourite, although Bossa Nova is a very close second.

PEOPLE TAGGED:
1. Christal
2. Cleo
3. Xue Jun
4. Gladys
5. Melody
6. Uh I'm running out of people, so whoever wants to do this, go ahead.


According to Arsenal.com, Robin's going to be out for 4 to 6 weeks. Great. ): I'm going to be pessimisstic and assume that it's going to be 6 weeks. *sighs* On the very dim bright side, I get to eat ice-cream again. ):

I'm not too worried about Bolton later, since they're kind of manager-less, and I think our boys learnt a lesson on not being complacent in the game against Sunderland. I hope Eduardo scores, which hopefully will give him confidence for the big games at the end of the month. I still can't believe Robin's going to miss those games. *sighs* And I was so excited about him scoring another goal against ManUtd too. ):

My sister's going to watch the match with me later, yay. It's good to watch matches with my sister, because she knows when to shut up and let me watch it in peace. Most men whom I've watched football with are too noisy. Like, "WAH LAO EH, WHY [[add opposition team]] LIDDAT ALSO CANNOT SCORE ONE LEH?" My sister's good because she only groans when a fantastic chance isn't converted. :)

No comments: